Manchester United hooked by Crystal Palace at the last second

There was Premier League on Wednesday night. Manchester United moved to the lawn of Crystal Palace for the late match of the 7th day. A day that had been postponed due to national mourning after the death of Elizabeth II, Queen of England. For this meeting in the middle of the week and after having offered Manchester City this weekend, Erik ten Hag decided to launch for the first time his latest recruit Wout Weghorst who was therefore starting on the front of the attack. He was backed up by in-form Marcus Rashford and Brazilian Antony. For Patrick Vieira’s Crystal Palace, there was a French touch with the presence of Mateta, Edouard and Olise in attack.

What’s next after this ad

The start of the game was largely in favor of the Red Devils who monopolized the ball without being very dangerous. Christian Eriksen’s teammates couldn’t make the difference and we had to wait more than half an hour to see the first shot on target of the match signed Antony (37th). Crystal Palace, dominated, still offered the most dangerous opportunity at the very end of the first period. Odsonne Edouard’s shot was pushed back on his bar by David De Gea. Enough to wake up the Mancunians who opened the scoring in stride. On a good serve from Luke Shaw, Bruno Fernandes, alone in the area, only had to adjust the opposing goalkeeper (1-0, 44th).

To read
Alejandro Garnacho set to renew at Manchester United

Manchester United misses a great opportunity in the standings

Returning from the locker room, Crystal Palace seemed to show a more attacking face but not particularly more interesting in the last gesture. David De Gea was having a rather quiet evening. Despite the spaces left by the Mancunian defense, Wilfried Zaha or Eberechi Eze could not make the difference. For its part, Manchester United proceeded against and tried to take advantage of the defensive largesse of its opponent. Finally after a second period rather poor in spectacle, the match ignited in the dying seconds. The fault or rather thanks to the Frenchman Michael Olise who decided to dazzle the enclosure of Selhurst Park Stadium.

What’s next after this ad

In the additional time of this meeting, the 21-year-old striker sent a marvelous free kick. His missile came to smash De Gea’s bar and end its race in the back of the net (1-1, 90 + 1st). With this draw, Manchester United will not experience their 10th straight win and misses a great opportunity to move ahead of Manchester City in the standings. Erik ten Hag’s team remains in third place and can see the Cityzens take a three-point lead on Thursday. And as bad news never comes alone, Manchester United will be without Casemiro in the clash against Arsenal on the next day. The Brazilian is suspended. Crystal Palace remains 12th in the standings.

Pub. the
update the